If you’re a regular visitor here, chances are you’ve long realised the response to Kung Flu was far worse than the effect of the virus. If so, you’ve probably also discovered the ratio of the population who have made this journey of discovery is depressingly low.
That realisation is sobering but, in most cases, we can ignore these Platonic cave dwellers and quietly carry on with our lives. Unfortunately, some of these incurious souls are our nearest and dearest.
This presents us with a dilemma; continue to nod quietly as they repeat, parrot fashion, the narrative du jour, or confront their ignorance with uncomfortable alternative information.
Personally, I’ve tried two years of the Neville Chamberlain approach with some loved ones in the UK. My frustration hit its peak this week and I pointed out the internal dichotomy of several of their beliefs. For example; “vaccines stop the spread” whilst case numbers are in the hundreds of thousands.
So, somewhat futilely, I curated the following information for them. I’m sure it will not persuade or even spark curiosity because, as we’ve discussed previously, the sunk cost fallacy is a highly effective motivator against investigation. Creating the list helped my sanity, however. It’s useful to see in one place just what utter lying fecal matter we’ve been served up as grade A caviar by the political and media class.
If you’ve also hit your limit of listening to people regurgitate the BBC/ABC/CNN bullshit, perhaps send them the link to this page and ask them how many lies will they accept before dismissing the liar as forever not credible?
There’s a quote I heard years ago, supposedly by Nietzsche; “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”
So, let’s list just a few of their lies;
- Masks don’t work. March 4th, 2020, Chris Whitty.
- Herd immunity is the plan. 10th March, 2020, Boris Johnson.
- Three weeks to flatten the curve. 13th March 2020, Boris Johnson.
- Half a million in the UK will die. 27th March 2020, Neil Ferguson.
- Washing your hands will stop the spread. Current UK Health Advice.
- Vaccines stop the spread almost completely. 3rd March 2021, Head of Public Health England.
- Vaccinating children will protect them from covid. Current NHS advice.
- We won’t mandate vaccines. 15th September 2021, Sajid Javid.
- 90% in ICU are unvaccinated. 21st December 2021, Professor Rupert Pearse.
- Freedom Day will be irreversible. July 2021, Sajid Javid.
And how did all that go for you?
In the same order;
- You’re still wearing masks, despite the USA CDC stating cloth masks can’t stop Omicron (27th December 2021).
- Of course we’re not going for herd immunity. 27th October 2020, Boris Johnson.
- Three weeks plus about 2 years and counting.
- Ferguson’s modelling software code doesn’t give the same result twice. 6th May 2020, Sue Denim.
- No evidence whatsoever of surface transmission, but we’re still pumping billions of gallons of sanitiser into the water system. 29th January 2021, The USA’s Centre for Disease Control.
- NSW is 95% vaccinated but having 50,000 new cases a day (I know several people who have had it but haven’t notified the health authorities, so maybe multiply that figure by 1.5).
- 94 children have died in the USA of Covid as at October 2021. That may sound like a lot but a) it doesn’t tell you what else they had wrong with them and, b) bear in mind, to show the number’s relativity, about 900 kids drown each year in the USA.
- Boris relied on 80 Labour votes to introduce vaccine passports among other measures.
- More like 2 out of every three.
- Surprise! Plan B.
I could carry on and talk about all the dissenting voices who were kicked off social media. An example is the suggestion the virus came from a lab; 18 months ago, mentioning that would get you banned on Facebook, etc. Now, it’s the main hypothesis.
We could talk about the claims that were made for the vaccines (I’m not even go into whether or not they are safe, we probably won’t see that data this decade);
- They stop you catching it.
- They stop you passing it on.
- They stop you from dying.
Turns out (3) is the only one of those statements still standing.
So, my plea to you is PLEASE get your news from somewhere other than the BBC. They’ve reported these lies without question for two years. It means doing a lot more work, you can’t outsource searching for primary sources, but question all the data they present. For example, if you ever hear a statistic presented as ONLY a percentage or ONLY as an absolute number, there’s a real chance you are being deliberately misled.
What we measure, we manage; in those daily press conferences, where’s the data on cancer deaths, suicides, lost education, missed child abuse (usually picked up by the schools), loneliness, divorces, etc. Which journalist is asking about it? Not Robert Peston, “Prime Minister, should you have locked down sooner and harder?”. Where was the political Opposition? Missing in action.
The generation before you fought and died for the freedoms we gave up with barely a whimper, “for an emergency”. Maybe it was the right thing to do, but who gets to blow the whistle to signal it’s over?
The government isn’t your Mum and Dad and the news media aren’t more intelligent than you, far from it in fact.
Sorry for the rant, but you’re being misinformed.
I’m currently reading Charles Mackay’s Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. It’s a little wordy and heavy going for a modern reader, but this quote has truly stood the test of time:
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.”